As many of you know, the Livescribe 3 smartpen uses your companion tablet or smartphone to record audio (unlike the Echo smartpen where the recording is on-board the pen).
Because of this, how the audio file is managed differs from the Echo range, which means if you want to export and/or share the native audio file you need to follow a number of explicit steps to do so.
Please note: By default, you can replay the audio using the pencast tab in Livescribe+.
IF you want to export the audio file only, you need to follow these steps (and please note, these steps are the iPad method as I don’t use an Android tablet.
- Go to Livescribe+ and into the left hand side menu option
- Swipe down to Pencasts and select the pencast you wish to share
- Share the pencast to either OneNote or Evernote.
- Browse to the file in one of these cloud platforms and then download the file to your local computer
- Open the PDF file you downloaded with Adobe Reader (I personally use Acrobat Reader DC (which I hate but that’s another story!))
- In the left hand vertical toolbar you’ll see a paperclip icon, click this and it will then show you the underlying audio file.
- Right click or two-finger tap and you’ll then have the option to export the audio file in m4a format.
Let me know if you have any questions in relation to this.