Great news from Livescribe and for those of us using Android mobile phones and tablets.
Earlier this week Livescribe announced that an Android app for the Livescribe 3 smartpens will be released during US spring (think mid-April here in Australia and New Zealand – possibly just after school holidays).
More about the Android app
The Android version of Livescribe+ will provide full support for the Livescribe 3 smartpen, and will include the key features already in the iOS version of the app.
“Since launch, we’ve been adding new features to Livescribe+ for iOS and also introducing expanded functionality through partnerships with Moleskine, Evernote, Microsoft and Fluid Touch,” said Gilles Bouchard, CEO of Livescribe. “Now we can start to bring those innovations to Android devices this spring and combine the physical world of pen and paper with Android smartphones and tablets.”
Key Facts About The Android App
- Expected Launch – Livescribe is planning a release during their Spring; this is likely to be April/May in Australia
- Android Compatibility – Devices running KitKat v4.4 or later and supporting BlueTooth Low Energy – a full list of compatible devices will be published on our blog once available
- App Cost – Free via download from Google Play
- Smartpen Required – new or existing Livescribe 3 smartpens
- iOS and Android Interchangeability – Yes.
Beta Testing Program pre-Launch
This is not confirmed yet but I have had discussions with Livescribe about inviting users to participate in beta testing of the new app prior to general release. I’ll confirm this with Livescribe in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you’re interested in participating in beta testing – please see this registration of interest page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment below…