We’ve had a few questions from customers about whether they need to change or upgrade or reinstall Livescribe Desktop if they decide to move from a Pulse to an Echo Smartpen.
The short answer is no. You keep using your current version of Livescribe Desktop as the software will recognise the new pen and creating a specific space for content from this new pen.
Here are the key points:
- Keep your current version of Livescribe Desktop
- Give your new Echo Smartpen a new or different name (see screen capture below)
- Use the Echo Smartpen normally, docking it via the USB cable to charge/update it and manage content.
- Take the opportunity of the new pen to make sure your Desktop software is up to date and the pen software is current.
- Current Livescribe Desktop version – 184.108.40.206615
- Current pen Firmware version – 2.4.3
Can I still Access my Pulse Content?
Yes. Livescribe Desktop allows you to dock and manage multiple Smartpen’s. To view or access content from your Pulse Smartpen simply change the pen you’re viewing. You do this via the drop down list in the top right hand corner of Livescribe Desktop
Here’s a screen capture of my Livescribe Desktop – the red box shows you where to go to change what pen you are viewing.
When you click here it will drop down a list of the pens that you manage via Livescribe Desktop. This screen capture zooms into this box more and shows the pens that I manage via my Livescribe Desktop. Mr Smartpen was my most recent Pulse Smartpen whilst Mr Echo Smartpen is my current Echo Smartpen.
I hope this post answers any questions you may have about managing content should you decide to change from a Pulse to an Echo Smartpen.