New Livescribe Products – 4GB – Pro Pack – Cradle

If you’re an existing Livescribe Pulse Smartpen user, you would have received an email from Livescribe today about the new products coming through the system.

Great news from the team and a reflection of how they listen and react to market feedback!

Not surprisingly we’ve already fielded dozens of calls, emails, and Tweets about when the 4GB will be available here – stay tuned as I don’t have details yet.

Here are the key points about the news this week:

1. Livescribe 4GB – up to 400 hours of audio capture – but more importantly additional capacity to load applications onto the pen. I think this is a good move by Livescribe. Having spoken to thousands of customers around the APAC region the message I’m hearing is that users want additional functionality and integration
  2. The new Pro Pack – I liked the old Livescribe Pro Pack – I like the new Livescribe 4GB Pro Pack even more – our problem is we just can’t get it down here – YET.
    Over the past 18 months we’ve had the opportunity to build a very detailed profile of what people NEED based on how they plan to use the Livescribe Pulse Smartpen. Shortly, we’ll be announcing a series of product bundles aimed at specific user groups – business users, teachers, students, and researchers.
  3. The new Charging Cradle – Now this is a very cool – very Apple style – addition to the Livescribe accessory range. I had the opportunity to see the prototype a while ago and was amazed at how good this cradle looks. It’s only available as part of the pro-pack and in the US at the moment but we’re making enquiries as to whether we can get them into Australia and New Zealand.
  4. New Colours – another nice addition to the product range.

As we learn more about these new products we’ll share it here first.

This entry was posted in livescribe, New Tools and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to New Livescribe Products – 4GB – Pro Pack – Cradle

1. Jonathan says:

Want an education pack with this 4gb pen!

Jonathan,
      you just want a pen…

For the education pack we’re thinking of bundling 2GB/4GB + MyScript + 1x ink refills + 4-pack spiral notebooks – what do you think?

• Jonathan says:

Hi Mark – I think that pack would be perfect as its exactly what I’d buy for each user anyway (maybe just with a small notepad as well). Ta.

2. kenneth says:

Any news on pricing and release date in Australia?

Hi Kenneth,
      We’ve not received any information yet but we hope to be able to announce this before the end of the year. Once we have firm pricing AND delivery dates we’ll advise the community via our blog and Twitter and then look to take advance orders.

I’d be happy to add you to our email list and we can send you an email once we have the information

cheers

Mr Smartpen

3. Leonie says:

Any update on a ac wall adapter for the smartpen. I want to be able to recharge on the fly without having to carry the laptop.

Thanks for any information. Love the pen, now for more power!!

Cheers

Leonie

4. Reagan says:

Hi I am looking at purchasing the 4Gb pulse pen but have just seen pro pack and I am wondering how long it would be before it gets here and whether I should wait, I will be using it for school but i really like the black and the crade… If it is not going to be too long, I will wait, i.e. less than 1 month cause I am on holidays at the minute.

Reagan
      We will have the black cradles shortly. this will allow us to provide a local pro-pack. I’ll be blogging about the cradle shortly – hope to have them before end of April

Mark