Livescribe 2GB + MyScript Offer Finishes – Should we bring it back?

Over the past few months we’ve been running a really great offer whereby the Livescribe Pulse 2GB Smartpen has been bundled with MyScript for Livescribe. Our regional distributor organised this for us and it’s been very successful (thanks John!).

But all good things must come to an end – or do they?

We’re currently investigating whether we extend the special offer or even create a special offer or special bundle.

We need your feedback.

If you purchased a Pulse Smartpen how important was it for MyScript to be included?

Should we extend the offer?

What are your thoughts?

This entry was posted in livescribe and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Livescribe 2GB + MyScript Offer Finishes – Should we bring it back?

1. Ivan says:

hi,

i think the offer is a great one. i heard about livescribe from a mate and that specific offer. i came today ready to buy the “package” and am disappointed it’s no longer here. so i’ve in effect “cooled off” a little and haven’t gone ahead with the purchase.

i think that offer also makes it a more appealing proposition as it’s also easy to purchase these (and cheaper) from overseas. personally, wherever possible i’d prefer to support ‘local’ business rather than buying offshore. that deal would have got me over the line today instead of now thinking twice.

if the deal is somehow still available, feel free to email me and i’ll go ahead.

Cheers,

Ivan

Ivan,
      thanks for your honest feedback. I’ll certainly let you know what we do going forward. I suspect we’ll sort out a bundle that delivers value to you the end user and still allows us to make a few dollars.

Cheers

Mr Smartpen

2. meerec says:

I couldn’t care less because I purchased the 1GB Pulse long time ago 🙂
    I’d care if you gave me a free copy of the software anyway – why not?
    If you do not, I will never ever try it out – lost interest already.

3. mountain says:

Thinking about how to use the Smartpen, but think the difference in price between Australia and what I would pay if in US or UK is such a big gap. The software could be a sweetener for the deal, otherwise I leave it till I next visit US or UK in 2010.

4. Jen says:

I would have thought that strategically the bundle would be the best move by the distributor – if you get people using LiveScribe to the full capacity they’ll tell people about it. If the software isn’t included I’d be unlikely to download it and pay for it…

Thanks for the feedback Jen.
      Whilst we’re not able to bundle it with the 2GB at $329, we will be adding a product to our store that includes MyScript. I don’t have the final details but I believe the RRP for the 2GB + MyScript will be around $365.

5. Maria says:

Not likely to buy the separate package. Finding uses for the smartpen quite limited without it but the package is way too expensive. Should have been part of the initial purchase. Agree with previous blogger….”cooled off” with interest in yet another gadget waning already. Limited applications in literacy/education field.

Thanks for your feedback.

We’re aware of plans by Livescribe to reduce the Australian RRP. We have added a bundled product – 2GB + MyScript into our store and this has been very popular. I am confidant we’ll have even more bundles available next year – so stay tuned.

Just for your info – your employer is one of our biggest customers. So please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

cheers

Mr Smartpen

6. Rhino says:

The MyScript should already be includedwith th pen.

It is no fault of your but I feel the company should aready include it in the pen.

Glad and please that your company does what they should already be doing.

Keep up the great work.

Rhino

Rhino
      Appreciate the comment. MyScript is developed by a third party vendor called Vision Objects. That makes it hard to provide a permanently bundled solution.

We do offer it as a bundled product

cheers

Mr Smartpen

7. Bob Auriemma says:

I purchesed the Pulse Smartpen in August after I saw the capability and features that it offered for my daughters children. It has taken me awhile to finally download. In doing so I came across your blog. I am a highschool teacher that can get great use out of your product. I will be very disapointed if I can not have the ability to use the Myscribe. This feature was a HUGE factor in my decision making to purchuse this product.