Livescribe Desktop Upgrade for MAC Snow Leopard

Great news from Livescribe over the weekend for our MAC community. The Mac Livescribe Desktop v1.2 for Snow Leopard is now live!

We’ve included the release notes here.

Livescribe recommends this upgrade only for customers using Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6). This update is not recommended for customers using Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5).

New Features for MAC Snow Leopard Version

Livescribe made improvements to Livescribe Desktop to add new features, correct known issues, and improve usability:

• Currently supports Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard only
  • Includes drag and drop installation

We’ll post a link to the documentation as soon as we have it.

Known Issues

• New installations of MyScript® for Livescribe from Vision Objects® are not currently supported on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard. If you already have MyScript for Livescribe installed with Livescribe Desktop for Mac 1.1 and upgrade to Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, it should run properly
  • Sometimes, the displayed size of a recording is incorrectly displayed as 0 bytes when viewed in the List View. These recordings are not 0 bytes and will play back correctly
  • Double-clicking on a page thumbnail in the Now Playing panel does not open and display the page in Single Page view

If you have any questions you can contact us via comments – or via Twitter – Smartpen or Livescribe

This entry was posted in livescribe, New Tools and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Livescribe Desktop Upgrade for MAC Snow Leopard

1. Hm. I so wish it would work, but it doesn’t. The desktop app works, but I’m not able to install the driver.

Too bad, I so want this to work…

2. Jason says:

If you previously attempted to install v1.1 LiveScribe Desktop software on Snow Leopard 10.6, please uninstall it. If you don’t, the new beta drivers do NOT install correctly. To do so:

1. Remove the old LiveScribeDesktop.app from your applications folder.
    2. Next go into /System/Library/Extensions/ and delete PulseDriver.kext.
    3. Download v1.2 Beta Livescribe Desktop here: http://www.livescribe.com/install
    4. Proceed with installation

3. Rich...! says:

Hi there, I bought the Pulse 2gb today and downloaded the new beta for snow leopard. It installs and the desktop application installs easily, but as soon as I plug in the pen, it opens an installer and installs the drivers. This all happens fine.

And then the problems start. Now, whenever I plug in the pen it reinstalls the drivers. I’ve tried deleting the app, the extension, downloading 1.1, deleting that. Nothing works.

Any ideas

4. CJ says:

I’m trying to use MyScript, which I found out about from LiveScribe with LiveScribe Desktop (Mac OSX 10.5). The biggest issue I’m having is that LiveScribe Desktop for the Mac (the version I have anyway) won’t let you select multiple pages at one time for conversion.

This means I have to select pages one at a time and convert them. Seeing I have a 200-page notebook, it’s quite tedious. And that’s BEFORE I start making any conversion corrections.

5. Oscar says:

Hi there, I seem to be having the same problem as the Rich above – I bought the Pulse 2gb today and downloaded the new beta for snow leopard. It installs and the desktop application installs easily, but as soon as I plug in the pen, it opens an installer and installs the drivers. This all happens fine.

And then the problems start. Now, whenever I plug in the pen it reinstalls the drivers. I’ve tried deleting the app, the extension, then reinstalling the app but I keep staying in the driver installation loop.

Hi Oscar,
      We did manage to resolve Rich’s problem so I’ll check with the team to find out exactly what we did to fix it. I’ll get back to you via email

Cheers

Mr Smartpen

• Rich...! says:

Hey guys,

Actually, we never got it sorted, I just installed on my PC instead, Mac still not working (but I must really commend everyone on their efforts – awesome customer support, thanks).

Cheers,

Rich…!

6. William says:

Hi,
    Same problem here (Oct. 8). New pen, 2gb, plug in pen, reinstalls drivers but stays in that loop. Snow Leopard. Have tried every trick noted here and elsewhere. Any solution in sight?
    William

7. Jeff says:

Been having the same problem as Rick. I actually contacted the vendor and received an automated response not even responding to my issue SNOW LEOPARD UPDATE!!! I am really frustrated, I love this product but am upset with the customer support. I want to post the good fix like other users, but can’t right now. Please help

8. William says:

I also had this problem. Customer support offered some advice, to no avail. I ended up cleaning the harddisk completely, and reinstalled everything. This helped, and everything worked perfectly until I installed Launch2Net, a software enabling my broadband modem. I then erased that software, and reinstalled Snow Leopard. Problem persisted. At last I erased the harddisk again, reinstalled, left out Launch2Net, and everything works just fine.
    William

9. Luis says:

Uff…lot of work! Not willing to go thru that 🙂 I do have launch2net also…maybe is where is the conflict. Will wait future release and use for now on windos xp virtual machine in fusion. Thanks for sharing.