System 3 Error with Livescribe Pens

In the past few weeks we’ve had a number of customers (<5) contact us reporting a “System 3” error on their Livescribe pens. We’re also aware that the Livescribe Forums contain reference to this error but no proven fix.

Working through our regional partner BigAnt, we’ve been able to determine a fix for this problem. Please contact us via support@smartpen.com.au if you have experienced this error.

This entry was posted in livescribe and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to System 3 Error with Livescribe Pens

1. Vivian says:

i have system 3 problem. Please let me know how to solve it.

Hi Vivian,
      I notice from your email address that you’re in Malaysia. If that’s the case I can put you directly in touch with the KL team and they’ll be able to help you out. Would you like me to pass your details onto the local team?

2. Jeffrey Hirai says:

Hi, I think I also have a problem with the system 3 as well.
    I just bought the 1 Gb smart pen a month ago. And I recently just updated the firmware. I noticed now that every time I fully charge my smart pen it shuts off after 30 mins from taking out of the doc. I tried manually resetting it but the problem keeps precisting.
    I think the battery may be dead but I’m not sure.

I just bought it and I loved it while it was working. . .

3. Jack says:

I have a brand new Livescribe smartpen 2gb that has not worked since the first 5 minutes after asking me to download an update. I am getting the system 3 error. Please advise. I haven’t heard from customer support. I have Windows Vista 64-bit and need the master reset program.

Do you know if you need to uninstall the software to reset everything as well? I think the problem is with the demo pages I did.

Thanks,

Jack

4. steve says:

I’ve had the smartpen for an hour. Now I can’t plug the smartpen into the dock and everytim I touch the paper error 3 displays on the screen. How can I fix this Issue?

5. esk3 says:

Hi, I also have the error 3 problem, and need a fix.
    In the first 5 mins, I too, downloaded an update, and now it cannot transfer anything to the computer. All of the other pen functions appear to work perfectly.

6. benjamin rhodes says:

my livescribe pen isnt working. it wont upload onto my computer

7. chris says:

Hi
    I would like to know if the smartpen has audio record facility.

Also appreciate if you could let me know where i could purchase same in Kuala Lumpur and also have customer after sale support service.

many thanks!