Here’s something I didn’t know…
As you may know, you can tap the record button on the Livescribe paper and record audio without any handwriting – Livescribe calls this a “paperless” Paper Replay session. What I didn’t know is that there are two other ways to do this. Here’s how…
Using your Pulse™ smartpen
- Turn on your smartpen. Press and hold the Power button until “Recording…” appears on the display.
- Press and hold the Power button until “Recording…” appears on the display. The smartpen is now recording audio without linking to written notes. If you decide to write on Livescribe paper, your audio and notes will be linked from that point on.
- Turn off your smartpen to stop the recording.
I tried this and naturally it works. Here’s the tip – you need to hold down the power button for just over 4 seconds – slightly longer than you might expect.
- Using a Nav Plus (see your Pulse™ Smartpen User Manual for descriptions of Nav Plus) on your charging cradle, soft case, Livescribe paper, etc., double-tap on the centre of the Nav Plus to go to your smartpen Main Menu.
- Tap down until Paper Replay is displayed.
- Tap right to launch the Paper Replay application. You will see the Record Session option.
- Tap right to select Record Session. The display will indicate that recording has been initiated. If you decide to write on Livescribe paper, your audio and notes will be linked from that point on.
- To stop the recording tap left for Stop Recording and then tap right or simply turn off your smartpen.
I hope this helps you enjoy your Livescribe Smartpen